Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Assignment: Essay #2 - Am I an Artist?
Imagine yourself as a maker of the arts during the time periods we have studied. Do not to pretend to be an artist that has actually lived. In the first person:
- What would your life be like?
- How would you earn a living (sell your product)?
- How would you get your materials that you would need to do your trade?
- How would you determine what you wanted to create?
- How were you educated in your craft(s)?
- What sort of clothes would you wear?
- In what sort of home would you live?
- Could you have a specialization or would you be expected to know a variety of crafts?
- Would you be wealthy?
- What is your status?
- Do you socialize with the elite merchant class or courtly personages or are you a lowly manual laborer?
We have discussed the life of the artist throughout the semester. Most of this information can be found in our readings. Use your imagination on the other questions. Skim the biographies of the artists in the textbook or look at the sidebars within our chapters. Also, consider how artists' lives differed throughout the centuries and pick a century to view your I-am-an-artist lifestyle.
Remember, this is a fictional work of your own imagination.
Sources: One online scholarly journal using approved electronic databases from LSC libraries and one hard copy book.
(Do not use electronic books or the textbook as a source.)
LSC-Kingwood Library | Ask Us: Kingwood.Library@LoneStar.edu | Reference: 281.312.1693 | Circulation: 281.312.1691 | LIB 100, 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339