The Internet can be a wonderful source of original or primary sources. Browse the sites we have suggested below. If you do your own searching, determine if it is a credible source by critically applying these criteria:
- Accuracy - The information should be researched and show proof that it has been.
- Source - Who wrote the information? Look at the domain. .edu .gov. org .net are valid research sources.
- Authority - What are the author's credentials? (Don't quote from another college freshman's paper.)
- Coverage - Does the page have the information you need for your research?
- Objectivity - If a work is biased, use it - just make sure your professor knows YOU know. And offer both sides of issues, where applicable.