Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mental Health Research
The best library assignments are those that use a variety of resources including books, newspaper and journal articles, internet sites, and even videos or audiocassettes. We encourage you to use all of these sources for this assignment. Books provide some excellent background on your topic. You may apply for a library card and request materials online. We hope you will take full advantage of the many resources our libraries offer.
Please contact Lone Star College-Kingwood Librarians or your professor with any questions you may have during your research.
About the Assignment
You will be working in groups of three to provide information about a disease. The content of your presentation must include:
- The definition of the disease process
- Signs and symptoms of the disease
- Usual treatment and therapy modalities
- Pharmacological approach and nursing care
- Be creative in your presentation
Requirements for the paper are:
- It must be double spaced, 1-2 pages only. Each group needs to turn in one paper. Each person needs to turn in one summary only.
- Current journal sources from professional magazines or text
- You may use your textbook as a resource
- Topic will be selected by students. Your professor must approve your topic
- Work in groups of 3.
You will be summarizing your research to your classmates in a short oral presentation. Your research will impact your classmates' understanding of mental health nursing.
LSC-Kingwood Library | Ask Us: Kingwood.Library@LoneStar.edu | Reference: 281.312.1693 | Circulation: 281.312.1691 | LIB 100, 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339